Friday, May 27, 2011

Back by Popular Demand: Fun Fact Friday!

Cheering ensues.  There is much weeping and holding up of lighters.

Okay, fine.  I long ago came to accept the fact that you guys generally don't care WHAT I say here, as long as I say something.  So here goes:

The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It to Beaver."

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak. 

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.  

More than half of women in the United States will not leave their home without makeup on. 

Every second over 7,000 Coca-Cola products are consumed.  

Born in the USA from Bruce Springsteen was the first CD ever released in the United States. 

In 1899, President McKinley was assured by the director of the US Patent Office that "everything that can be invented has already been invented."

I saw a diet tip in a magazine earlier this week:  For a snack, have a half serving of Wheat Thins with some cheese.  A half serving of Wheat Thins is defined at 7-8 crackers.  I have never in my life been able to eat only 7-8 Wheat Thins.  I can put away half a box without blinking.  Maybe that's my problem.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment