Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Roundup

Jacob is home sick today.  He's been up since 6 AM with varying sicknesses, which I will spare you the details of.  I can't decide if I genuinely feel sick now or if it's just the power of suggestion.

I interviewed one sitter yesterday and have another to interview today.  I liked the girl from yesterday quite a bit.  The fact that her regular job is here in town is a huge plus.  And she has to drive for that job, so I know she has a good driving record.  And yes, I viewed her background check.

Big news around these parts is the suspension of Brandon Davies from the BYU basketball team for an honor code violation.  You have to admire a colllege, especially a sports program, that remembers that student athletes should be held to the same standards as non-athletes.

Jacob had middle school orientation yesterday.  Registration is next week.  He has to take a math test to see if he qualifies for Math 7 (standard 7th grade math), pre-Algebra, or Algebra.  He's chosen band, drama, intro to Chinese and shop as his electives.  The drama choice blows me away.  I wouldn't have guessed that in a hundred years.

No comments:

Post a Comment