Monday, March 21, 2011

March Catch-Up

Again, it's been a while since I posted last - sorry!  We've been a bit busy, which is actually the norm for us, but sometimes, it catches up to me.

My mom was here last week, which was of course, great fun.  We went to the Hogle Zoo, the first time for all of us.  The kids were off school on Monday, so we went to see "Rango".  I do not understand what all the hype is about that movie, because I personally thought it was awful.  None of us liked it, actually. 

I started a new job on Wednesday.  It's a receptionist position, but it's a small office, so I'll be doing some other things too, once I get up to speed on the business.  And no, it's not a funeral home.  :)  It's full-time, and not too far from home, so I think it will be good.  I enjoyed my first three days - now we just wait and see how the rest go!

Mitch left today for a month in Montreal.  Perfect timing, right?  Oh well, such is life.  I actually hired someone to come two afternoons a week to take Jacob to band and to hang with Sara during that time.  We're already looking forward to Mitch returning.

Oh, and I have a new nephew!  My brother Dave and his wife Christine welcomed their third little sweetie on March 14.  Well, not so "little", Harrison was 8 lbs. 12 ounces!  I guess it's true - everything's bigger in Texas.  I've seen a few pictures and he's adorable of course.  Christine had quite a time with this pregnancy, bed rest and dislocated rib, so I'm sure she's glad that's all behind her. 

Sara has her follow-up with the neurologist tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let everyone know how that turns out.  This will give us the results of the MRI she had a few weeks ago.  She seems to be doing well, so I'm hoping the MRI will confirm that. 

Spring promises to be right around the corner, though everyone here tells me not to get too comfortable with that idea.  I suppose anywhere you live, the weather is unique.  I wonder how long I have to live here before I get used to this wind.

Mitch and I have been out looking at a few houses.  There are some nice ones out there.  But as usual, the trick is to get Mitch and I to agree on something!  Very nearly an unheard concept with us.  I know we'll find something eventually, and when he returns the search will step up a notch.

So that about covers it, I think.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a million little things, but those are the biggies. I'll be sure to update what the neuologist says about Sara tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment