Monday, April 18, 2011

Back Home Again

It's raining here today, but I'm not complaining since I know a lot of you are getting snow.  Snow?  On April 18?  If this is global warming, I'm not impressed.  Anyway, I keep looking at this rain because I know, just know, it's going to stop soon and unless it keeps going and cancels softball practice, it doesn't really do me any good at all. 

Mitch got home from Montreal just fine.  Except for a little blip between us at the airport regarding where one should wait when one is having someone pick one up at nearly midnight with two kids in the car.  One of us maintains one should wait in the clearly marked "pick-up area" and the other one contends one should wait just anywhere he one comes out of the airport and expects the driver to know where one is through some sort of mental telepathy.  And then, when one says to the other "Do you want to drive?" because the other always drives but the other says, "No, you can drive", the other should not, under any circumstances, criticize the route the driver chooses to take home because if the other does, the driver will fervently wish the other was still in Montreal and seriously consider pulling over and putting the other out of the car and driving away.

So, maybe he didn't get home just fine after all.  But he's home and we'll just leave it at that.

I updated my book blog Friday night, for the most part, so if you want to see what I've been reading, head over there.  There's a link on the right.  I still have two to add and hopefully will get those up soon. 

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get string for the trimmer and ended up getting Sara a bike.  Clearly, we are quite the impulse shoppers.  But she needed a new bike, without a doubt, since she's been riding Jacob's old one and it really was too small for her.  I don't have any pictures yet, because I'm like that, but I'll get some the next time she takes it out.  She's very excited because it has gears and she says with all the hills here, she needs a bike with gears.  And now that's one less thing that we have to say "Gosh, we really have to ________________". 

We're still house-hunting.  It's still not fun.  Our biggest hurdle right now seems to be finding a time that both Mitch and I can go look at houses.  With him working weekends and the kids starting baseball, our free time is somewhat limited.  The fact that where we need to live has been narrowed so considerably hasn't helped either.  Deep breaths.  I know it will all come together, but it's so annoying until it does.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought that's running through my head is that one might try calling a cab the next time one comes home from a long trip where another one has been playing the part of one and the other for a rather lengthy amount of time. One should be happier to see the driver and keep one's comments about parking spots and driving routes to oneself.......one would think!

    ReplyDelete