Monday, July 4, 2011

Random Sunday Night Thoughts

I love Sunday nights when you don't have to work on Mondays.  Except there's nothing on TV on Sunday nights.  So I'm rewatching the Wimbledon Men's final that I had DVR'd this morning.  The dog is barking occasionally at people shooting off fireworks, so there'd be no point in trying to watch something real anyway.

Speaking of the DVR, the recordings on mine are embarrassing.  Zombieland, The Addams Family, The Wizard of Oz, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Pulp Fiction.  And Wimbledon.  Like it was set up by a teenage boy hiding a Judy Garland obsession.  I feel like I should record something grown-up, just in case someone is keeping track.

Sara's hamster staged another break-out today so I had to deal with that.  It took me half an hour to catch the stupid thing and put her back in her cage.  The entire ordeal could have been considerably shortened if I wasn't so freaked out by having to pick up the hamster.  But those little hamster feet are yucky.  I did finally manage to pull out Sara's bed far enough to fit the ball back there and push her in.  And then dump her back in her cage.  If she escapes again, she's on her own.

I haven't left the house, except to walk the dog, since I got home from work on Friday. I have to go out tomorrow to get dog food. Weekends like this confirm for me that without Mitch and the kids, I am quite literally an internet grocery account and 15 cats away from being that lady.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment