Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Food Fight

This has been the longest week in the history of the world.  And it's only Wednesday, which rather proves my point.  The week before a long weekend is awful.

Mitch came home yesterday, after a few days in Indianapolis with the Guard.  He'll be home for a few days and then leaves on Friday for Michigan.  He'll be working in Battle Creek for a week or so and then going to Ohio to take the kids to his dad's and pick up a boat.  July is proving to be a traveling month for us - well, everyone but me of course.  I'll be here with Gracie.

Mitch has been playing a game called "Guess where I'm going to eat when I'm gone?" The answers include: Martini's, Qdoba, Taco Bob's, Jolly Roger, and Steak & Shake. All restaurants we don't have here in Utah. I hate this game because 1) he doesn't even LIKE most of those places and probably won't eat there and he's just telling me this to torture me; and 2) it's a mean mean game.


Summer has finally arrived here in Utah and brought that heat we've been complaining about not having.  That'll teach us.  It's been in the 90s here and looks to stay that way for a while.  It's somewhat overcast today and the wind is picking up, so we'll see if we get some rain like they predicted. 

Mitch and I had Five Guys Burgers and Fries last night for dinner, and I don't know if it's usually that good, or if it was just that I've been dieting for 2 days that made it that delicious.  Either way, yum. 

Clearly, I don't have much to say without the kids around.  I haven't heard from them at all yet, so I'm going to take it that things are going well.  Their next stop is Jenni's.

No comments:

Post a Comment