Monday, August 22, 2011

Firsts

First day of 7th grade for Jacob. First day of middle school.
First day of locker combinations. I remember when he had a cubby.
First day of changing rooms for every class. I remember when he only left the room for gym or art.
First day of choosing what he wants for lunch: pizza or salad or sandwich. I remember when there was only a snack before pick-up.
First day of school without recess. I remember when he had 2 recesses a day.
First day of no backpacks. I remember that the first backpack he had was practically bigger that he was.
First day of going to a different school than his sister. I remember how he walked her into school during those early days so she wouldn't get trampled in the hall.
First day of using pens instead of pencils. I remember when his supply list included crayons.
I remember all this and think that someday, today will be a day I look back on and say "Remember his first day of middle school?"

No comments:

Post a Comment