Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fresh is the Word

My new recipe project is going like gang-busters!  It's been fun too, which is nice.  We've only had one total flop, according to Mitch and I.  I think the kids feel there were a couple they would gladly never have again, but alas, until they start cooking, it's not up to them. 

I also would like to note that I used "gang-busters" and "alas" in the same paragraph.  I think I would have done better in an earlier generation.

In more food related news, we had our first delivery from Winder Farms, a local online grocer.  Today's delivery included chocolate milk (in a glass bottle no less!  Earlier generation thing AGAIN!), bacon, eggs, sausage, a produce box, orange juice, milk, bread, frozen mac & cheese, and other things I'm forgetting.  They have tons of different products you can order, frozen and fresh.  I'd be interested to see if the delivery guy wears a white suit and little white hat.  I suspect he doesn't.  But seeing as the delivery comes at 5 AM, there's no chance I'm ever going to find out. 

Do I need this?  No, but it's all food we would eat anyway.  And while I have a "standard" order, I can change the order every week, or cancel a delivery if we're out of town or something.  And apparently, if you set up your truck and offer me two free bottles of egg nog, you can talk me into just about anything. 

Someone be in charge of reminding me to put the cooler on the porch every Tuesday night, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment