Friday, March 2, 2012

Things to Make & Do

One week to the Hank Open.  The kids and I are really looking forward to it again this year.  We're going to miss Uncle Dan, but excited to finally meet cousin Huck!  I'm really taking it right to the wire to see him before he turns one. 

Mitch left for Qatar last weekend.  We've talked to him a couple of times via Skype.  The time difference makes it difficult for us to catch each other.  The fact that the kids and I are always running from one thing to the next doesn't make it any easier.  He should be home the first week of April.

This has been such a strange winter, I hardly know what's coming next.  We had almost no snow all winter and since Mitch left, I think it's snowed every day.  No really accumulation, but last night we lost power for about half an hour during the storm.  I tried to use the "there's no power, and it's 9:00, why don't we all just go to bed?" but of course, no one bought that.  It never hurts to try though. 

My recipe project has kind of been put on hold while Mitch is gone.  I haven't cooked at all since he left, actually, as is usual for me when he's out of town.  At the most, I expect to try a few dessert recipes.  There's always time to make dessert!

Of course, I DO have many boxes of Girl Scout cookies I can eat when that sweet tooth rears its ugly head...

No comments:

Post a Comment