Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Doctor! Doctor!

Today I accomplished a couple of things I've been putting off.  Namely, cleaning out Sara's dresser, making both the top and the bottom bunk of Jacob's bunk bed and finding a doctor.

Sara has so many clothes that are either too small or I just can't stand.  Truly, I don't know who buys this child these clothes, but there are some that quite literally if she comes out of her room wearing them, I just say "No, go change.  I can't deal with that today."  It's hard to explain why, I guess.  Part of it is that she's so! damn! skinny! that a lot of stuff doesn't fit her right on top and it hangs off her which makes her look like she's wearing a potato sack.  The other stuff is stuff that she wears all the time and quite honestly, enough.  That shirt was cute the first 10,000 times you wore it, but now I'm sick of looking at it.  Go find something I haven't seen in a while. 

Jacob's dresser is also on my list, but that's just rotating the stock, so to speak.  That boy will wear whatever's on top, and since I'm home all the time now, the laundry is kept up fairly well.  So he's been wearing the same four shirts over and over again.  He has other shirts and if I go in there and move them to the top, he'll wear them.  Easy peasy.

Making Jacob's bunk bed is a job I hate.  Especially the top bunk.  What a nightmare!  He's taken to sleeping on the bottom bunk - with the dog - though so that does make my life a little easier.  But seeing as I'm constantly making his bed as it is, the top bunk just gets left with a pile of sheets dumped on it.  It's made now though and once his quilt comes out of the dryer, it will be done.  Of course, now he'll decide to sleep on the top bunk and I'll cry my eyes out.  Note to tell myself to QUIT WHINING!  It's a lot of easier to make now that there's no ceiling fan in his room trying to force me into a brutal game of Fan Hunter.  Which I never liked.

Finding a doctor:  ugh.  Is there anything worse?  I don't particularly like big practices - our last doctors office had 3 doctors, which I loved - so that makes it hard.  I want a woman doctor for Sara and I, and a male doctor for Mitch and Jacob.  I prefer Family Practice as opposed to Pediatrics.  I know I'm picky.  But I had to find someone because Mitch and I have to have physicals by October 1 to get a discount on his health insurance.  And I knew the longer I put it off, the higher the chances one of my kids would get sick.  Even though Jacob's doctor wrote us a new prescription for his meds that should take him through until spring and I switched it to Walgreens so I can refill it here, better to get it lined up before it becomes a necessity. 

Dentists I leave to Mitch.  He has some complex dentist choosing system, based on a logarithm of hotness, technological equipment requirements and free toothbrush quality.  Me - if they have those scraper things and the paper bibs, I'm fine.  I don't like to look directly at my dentist.  I tend to keep my eyes shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment