Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Physical

The water softener guy is here now, installing my water softener and generally being horrified by that bizarre plumbing work in this house.  I don't care about the plumbing, except for I'd like the water turned back on and not have some guy in my basement. 

Sara had her EEG yesterday and it went well.  As well as having 22 sensors stuck to your head with glue and tape and then having to have them removed from your hair after you've only had 4 hours of sleep can go anyway.  She was not a happy girl after that.  We should have the results in a week, but I suspect it won't show any kind of tendency to seizures.  Mitch and I believe, and the neurologist also believes, that first seizure was a side effect of the sedation medication they gave her for the MRI.  She hasn't had another episode and in fact, is pretty much her old self again.  No headaches, no seizures, no vision trouble that she complains about.  She asked me today if she could jump rope at recess, because I had banned her from it before.  I told her she could, but not for the entire recess.  I just think jumping up and down repeatedly can't be helping her concussion recovery effort. 

On the up side (read with sarcasm please), statements from the hospitals are coming in fast and furious.  But they are just statements, and even say "Do not pay from this statement" while they wait for the insurance to come through.  Today, we got 2 statements from the ambulance company, but they enclosed a separate form asking for our insurance information so they can try to submit it through that.  We'll see what happens.  I think they only visits I haven't seen statements for are the 2nd neurologist appointment, the eye doctor, and of course, the EEG from yesterday.  But I'm sure those are coming.

Mitch and I had mini-physicals on Monday.  Blood work, blood pressure check, just little stuff.  His cholesterol is high - 230, no big surprise - and my thyroid is deemed "overactive".  She wants to recheck it in 6 months.  She wants Mitch on medication for the cholesterol, but he doesn't want to, so I'll let him battle that out with her.  My cholesterol is 202, so haha.  My apparent diet of McDonalds and Easy Mac appears to be not hurting me at all.  And I've lost about 10 pounds, but I credit that to two weeks of Sara medical stress. 

Still no luck on the job front.  I applied for a bunch yesterday, but if something doesn't turn up soon, I'll have to go to a temp agency.  I'm still surprised by the number of jobs listed on Craigslist every day in the admin/office section.  That's the only section I look at.  I don't even want to know all the other Craigslist stuff.  The Internet is can be a scary, creepy place.  Even in Utah.  Best to keep your eyes shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment