Thursday, September 30, 2010

Interview

Two interviews in two days.  Brutal.  The first interview yesterday was very casual, very short, and (I think) went very well.  It's a job I would like to have.  I like the fact that it is part-time, 9-3, and that I don't have to get on the interstate to get there.  It's right across the street from a Target and a Wendy's, so I'd really be all set.  There's a good sized parking lot, so that shouldn't ever be a problem.

And I know what you're thinking, but yes, these are all things I consider when I look at a job.  If I'm only going to work part-time, I don't want to fight interstate traffic to get there or to get home.  If I need to stop and grab something for the kids for school, I don't want to go out of my way.  And if I need to go out to get lunch, Wendy's is cheap and I like their food.  And I hate to have to park far away from where I work. Because I'm lazy.

The other interview was a phone interview.  Ugh.  Nothing is worse in the world than a phone interview.  It violates all the rules of an interview.  Can't make eye contact.  Can't smile and nod to show the interviewer you get where they are coming from.  Can't wow them with my professional dress and super-cute red portfolio I got at Target yesterday before the first interview.  Can't pull my letter of recommendation from my previous employer out of aforementioned red portfolio.  I don't think it went well, but it wasn't a train wreck.  I actually don't expect to hear from them about another interview. 

Which, whatever.

I believe the right job will come along at the right time.  Back to craigslist and online classifieds to see what else is out there in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your reasonings about the part-time job. Those are things people don't think about and then they hate their jobs. Not because of the job itself but because of those other details. Good luck!!!
    Tory

    ReplyDelete