Friday, September 3, 2010

Fun Fact Friday

Well, maybe not FUN, but it is Friday and these are Facts, and the title just goes together.


**  I heard on a podcast I listened to yesterday (How Stuff Works) that breast implants must be removed before cremation.  I am shocked that I worked in a funeral home for 9 YEARS and never heard this.  Which leads me to believe one of two things is true:  1)  This is a false statement; or 2) No one who ever died and was served by this particular funeral home had breast implants.  Could go either way.

**  It took me literally 45 minutes to write that paragraph above.  I kept getting distracted by other things on the Internet.  Pathetic.

**  This house we rent has a huge front porch.  Exhibit A:



At the time we rented it, I had visions of me sitting blissfully on this porch in the morning after the kids go to school, sipping coffee and reading or writing in a journal.  Which is of course ridiculous, because I don't even drink coffee.  And I have Farmville crops to tend in the mornings.

**  I am a huge tennis fan, but I absolutely cannot stand Andy Roddick.  I believe the US was so desperate for an American tennis star that when Andy came along, they put him in this role, even though he is clearly not qualified to fill it.  Unfortunately for him, he believes his own media hype, which tends to make him a bit of a pompous ass.  You don't have to agree with me, but until the guy wins a 2nd major, I'll sit by happily while he loses.  His behavior this week did nothing to win me over.

**  I haven't gone anywhere in a car since Tuesday.  Holy crap.  I'm dangerously close to being afraid to go outside at all at this point.

** I don't care for pink, but I bought a pink shirt at Wal-Mart on Tuesday because it was marked down to $1.  ONE DOLLAR.  Besides, it's not like I go anywhere anyway, right?  I'm wearing it today, which means I have pretty much sealed my fate on not going out again today.

2 comments:

  1. Still waiting on house pictures, I mean come on all your giving us is the porch?? That totally doesn’t satisfy my needs you should know that!
    The whole fake boobie thing I am going to go check on that right now (be right back)I spoke with four funeral directors and they said no, they burn just like bone, sorry guys funeral talk.
    I could so see you kicked back on that porch with a martini (careful of the next door neighbors they will think badly of you so disguise your cup) or a diet Pepsi reading a book or watching the weird people walk by. Maybe keep an eye on that killer cat in your area!
    Seriously you have got to get out of the house, you are going to end up with bed sores (or butt sores) really bad eye sight from farming ect. and terrible scary white skin. Get out and get some vitamin D!
    Holy crap a dollar for a shirt you should have gotten a couple to cut down how often you have to wash them you figure with two shirts, wearing them correct, inside out, backwards, that’s three wears before you actually have to wash them. That’s SIX whole days of clothing out of two shirts! Wow check out those math skills!!
    Can you tell I miss you and am literally going freaking crazy sitting her listening to all the damn stories I have heard a million times not to mention the new ones that are RIGHT FRICKEN BEHIND ME THAT NEVER STOP even if my headphones are in she still sits there talking away in all honestly she is super lucky she still has her tongue and is even alive!
    Love ya and Miss You TONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading at the front porch, you had me at hello...YOU NEED A ROCKER!and get a cup of tea,or a diet coke in a coffee cup for petes sake`.oh yeah I said sake` whatever!

    ReplyDelete