Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dust Bowl

Sara went to school today and so far, it seems like she'll make it all day.  There's an hour to go, but I figure if she was going to come home, she would have done it already.

I got caught up on the housecleaning today - well, all but the dusting which I really dislike.  That's what I should be doing right now.  This house is always really dusty.  There's a lot of dirt here naturally, and then all the road construction going on right outside our subdivision doesn't help.   And the wind blows pretty good here a lot.  So much so that some days we can't even see the mountains.  I know now why most people keep their windows closed all the time, but I just can't do that.  Too cheap to pay for air conditioning when it's 75 degrees out and too lazy to dust.  No good answer I suppose.  Maybe I should go back to work and then I can hire someone to dust my house.  Yeah, right.

The dog, Gracie, got into my makeup basket yesterday.  I know, I know, you're all surprised to find out that I even HAVE a makeup basket seeing as I almost never wear any.  Anyway, she chewed up a tube of foundation and got it all over her paws, face and my bedroom carpet.  I was not pleased.  It wasn't even her shade, and then she goes and wastes and entire tube of Mary Kay foundation.  That stuff isn't cheap, you know.

Now that the US Open is over, daytime TV is killing me.  I don't sit down and watch TV during the day, mostly I just keep it on the for noise, but I like to have on something that doesn't make me crazy.  Right now, Law & Order: Criminal Intent is on and I don't even have to turn around to know that Bobby Goren is tilting his head and thinking deeply about a clue no one else on the entire New York Police force considered.

Hopefully tonight, Mitch and Jacob are going to a Boy Scout meeting.  I'm not having any luck finding him a troop.  The first name and number the council office gave me went directly to a voice mail and no one ever called me back.  So I went online and e-mailed the district commissioner.  Nothing.  Yesterday, I called again and the lady that answered gave me the name and meeting place of two troops in American Fork.  One is at a Presbyterian church, and when I looked them up online, there was a link to the Boy Scout Troop right there on the church web page.  They have a blog too so I found out they are meeting tonight at the church.  I called the guy the council office gave me, but he hasn't yet called me back.  Mitch is going to just take Jacob over there tonight and see what happens. 

Sara's gotten three packages in the mail today.  She'll be rolling in gifts when she gets home.

Her EEG is scheduled for next Tuesday.  This should tell us whether or not she has seizure tendencies that we have to address.  Then she goes back to the eye doctor at the end of October to re-evaluate her vision.  He wants to see if her peripheral vision clears up once she is over the concussion.  I think she has another MRI scheduled for the end of December.  I am cautiously optimistic we have passed the worst of this ordeal.  Her headaches are gone and she's holding up pretty well.  She was up at 5:30 this morning, but that is something they said might happen, a disruption of her sleep patterns.  Let's hope that doesn't continue, because I cannot deal with both her and Gracie at 6 AM.  I don't like my sleep pattern disrupted at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment