Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Take My Breath Away

I hate when I don't post often, and then when I come here, I find that the last thing I did post was 10 on Tuesday.  So even though it is once again Tuesday, I'll skip it for now.  (But might do one later today.)

If we are Facebook friends, which I'm sure we are because I think those are the only people who read this blog - and if we're not, WHY NOT? I need more Facebook friends! - you know that Jacob was at Scout camp last week.  It's a leadership training camp and while they didn't work on any merit badges, they do learn problem solving and teamwork skills.  We went on Saturday morning to pick him up and were planning to shoot out of there as soon as they were all done.  The kids and I were halfway to the truck when I realized Mitch wasn't with us.  I looked back and saw him talking to the Scoutmaster from Jacob's troop, who was also the guy in charge of this camp session.  So I went back to hurry Mitch along, since some of these guys (including Mitch) can talk and talk and talk and talk and....well, you get the idea.

Scoutmaster:  I was just telling your husband here that Jacob choked on a piece of sausage at breakfast yesterday and I had to perform the Heimlich on him to get it out.

Me:  Are you serious?

Scoutmaster:  Yes.  But I got to him in like 2 seconds.  He was pretty shook up, but by lunchtime, he seemed to be himself.  So if he doesn't say anything to you about it, you might want to ask him.

Me:  Yes, okay then, um...

So, do you want to guess who had to bring it up?  Right, me.  Because Jacob wouldn't mention if his hair was on fire, unless he was able to blame it on Sara.  He's okay, obviously.  Just another health experience for us here in Utah. 

And if you're keeping track, that leaves only me who hasn't had a medical issue here.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment