Friday, October 1, 2010

Waiting for the Bell To Ring

So I am now employed.  I got the job at the mortgage company and I'm overly excited, I think.  But it's really perfect for our situation here.  The hours are 9-3 and even with the 35 or so minute drive, I should get home just before the kids most days.  I'll have to leave before they get on the bus, but since they get up at 6:30 AM to get on a 9 AM bus - a rant for another day, trust me - it shouldn't be an issue there.  There are 2 days in October when they don't have school, so I guess that will be our first test of how they can deal being by themselves all day.  I so hope this works out well.  I'm excited, but I'm sure on Sunday night, I'll be wanting to call and quit. 

I got another call today for an interview for a job I applied for last night.  The girl said her boss would call when he got back in the office this afternoon, between 12 and 2 she thought.  Well, it's 3:30 here and I haven't heard anything.  I've been cleaning and cooking and waiting, but honestly, it's starting to bug me.  This place called this morning before I heard from the mortgage company.  Actually, while I was talking to them, the mortgage company was calling to offer me the job.  So while I have no intention of taking this other job, I'm still irritated they haven't called.  I'd like to shower, you know.

I made chicken and stuffing in the crock pot, and oh my gosh, it smells so good I'm not sure we can wait until 6 for dinner.  I'm also making a banana pie thing, but since I broke the store-bought graham cracker crust, I made my own and am putting it in a 9x13 pan.  I need some Cool Whip too, but since I haven't showered because I'm waiting for this phone call, I haven't been to the store.  Grrr...

Sara is going to a birthday party tomorrow, for her friend that lives here in the neighborhood and is in her class.  This is the same girl whose house she was at when she fell - not that that is relevant, but just for reference.  I think she is excited, since it seems like quite a few girls from her class will be there, so that's good.  Mitch has Guard this weekend, so it's just the kids and I all day. 

Have I mentioned that he's been in the Guard here for 3 months and hasn't yet gotten paid?  Oh yeah, that's been lovely.  Finally someone at this base said let's get this fixed, but apparently, the problem is that Michigan hasn't released him, so Utah can't pay him until that happens.  So no $$$ for us.  The upside is that when it does get straightened out, we should get a good chunk of change.  His paycheck from his regular job was messed up this week too, but they know that and are getting him a check on Monday.  Lucky we still have some put away to live off of.  And now I'm employed too, so that will be a load off.

I was going to get a driver's license today, since I've clearly been putting it off, and then of course, when I go online to find out the hours for the office I have to go to - you have to go to a specific office to get a new license - I find out they are closed on Fridays.  So no dice there.  They are open until 7 PM Monday through Thursday, so I'm going to try to go next week.  I don't think I can put it off anymore.  We're going to need new license plates too, but Mitch has to do that since both vehicles are in his name - holdover from back in our military Virginia days. 

For the love of God, are these people ever going to call?!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new job! Hope the Guard gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete