Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ants in Your Pants

This house-selling thing is going to kill us.  Or, more specifically, going to force me to kill Mitch.  He could not be more stressed.  So obviously, in the face of his over-stressedness, I sent him on an overnight field trip with Jacob's class.  I feel for the children, but honestly, I'm not sure how much more of his crazy I can handle.

There were ants or some such insect on the front porch and door this morning.  And of course, today is the day they are coming for the home inspection.  Mitch went into full crazy mode, spraying and vacuuming and waking me up with predictions of insect infestations that will take sabotage the inspection and thus the sale, if not the entire world.  I got out of bed, watched him freak out for a few minutes, and then sent him to the truck and off to the field trip.  He had pretty much handled it all by then anyway. 

I often wonder during these situations, what would happen if I completely freaked out too?  Would the earth cease to turn?  Or would Mitch stand there looking at me, shocked?  Could go either way.

So anyway, the home inspection is today and we won't know anything about that until Monday probably, our realtor says.  That's 4 more days of waiting.   And if that comes back OK - or not so bad anyway - then next up will be the FHA home inspection.  And Mitch told me that's the one he's really worried about.  Great.  Because apparently, this inspection wasn't the one that worried him.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment