Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Freak-A-Ristic

The FHA appraisal was yesterday, so now we just wait.  And wait some more.  And take the kids to vacation with their grandparents.  And go to Utah to find a place to live.  And hopefully at some point in there, it was all come back as wonderful and approved and we'll get a damn closing date so I can schedule some movers and get this crap DONE.

But for now, we wait.

I'm crabby about a lot of stuff right now, some of it justified and some of it not.  I think the stress is starting to get to me.  I'm starting to freak out that we won't find a place to live.  Which is silly of course, because we will find something.  The odds of us ending up HOMELESS for God's sake are pretty slim.  I know this logically, however at 2 AM when I'm staring at the ceiling thinking all these things over, logic is rarely a factor. 

I'm tired of everyone saying "Oh, we have to get together before you leave!  Let me know!"  I appreciate the thought, really, but don't put it all on me.  Because if you haven't figured this out by now, I'm not a hugely social person.  Let's get 20 people together and have lunch.  But I simply cannot imagine a way to see 20 people at separate times between now and whenever the hell I leave.  It's overwhelming.  And then I freak out some more.  Which no one needs.

I'm freaking out about this cat.  I honestly thought she would have died by now, as skinny and whacked out and crazy as she, yet she continues to live.  She is not going to Utah, I can tell you that, because she pukes everywhere and hates the dog and I don't need the drama.  But you just know if I call the vet and say "Enough!", they'll want to try to fix whatever is wrong with her and in realty, she's like 14 years old.  I'm not putting a ton of money in this cat.  But then I feel bad because we've had her forever, and Sara used to drag her around everywhere, and she is our cat.  So I don't know what to do.

Oh, and I'm not sleeping,  Have I mentioned that?  Yeah, that always works out well.  Probably adds a bit to the freak out mode.  I should be full-on-crazy by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment