Monday, June 14, 2010

Can't Make No Sense

I tried to write an entry earlier and ended up deleting the whole thing.  It made no sense.  Maybe I'll try a list format.  Maybe I'll make more sense in short bursts.

- The home inspector guy came back Saturday afternoon to get his radon tester thing.  And shock of all shocks, our house came back with a "very low" reading.  Now what that means, I don't know exactly, other than at first glance, we may not have to buy a radon system for the house in order to sell it.

- We are still awaiting the results of Thursday's home inspection.  Our realtor says "nothing major", and what the buyer will want us to fix is negotiable, so we continue to wait.  I am choosing to wait patiently, my other half not so much.

- Tomorrow is the last day of school.  Hooray and hurrah.  Finally.

- Church went 2 hours yesterday.  2 hours.  We're Methodist, for goodness sake, we cannot be expected to sit in church for 2 hours.  But it was our senior pastor's final sermon, 3 baptisms, a Cub Scout badge award and the commissioning of the Mission Trip.  So yeah.  It was a nice service, though crowded.  You'd have thought it was Christmas Eve.

- I spent 5 hours yesterday finishing the scrapbook for Sara's teacher.  And by finishing I mean starting and completing in one sitting.  It's not too bad, though I didn't have any group shots or field trip photos.  And I'm missing a photo for one kid who wouldn't let me take his picture and his mother didn't get me one after I asked her.  So when her kid's page just has his name and his card where he wrote what he likes about the teacher and she complains, tough potatoes.  Get on the ball, lady.  We're all busy.  Deal.

- We have ball games every night this week.  Take me out to the ball game indeed.  But this is Sara's last week and I think Jacob has some sort of playoff thing going next week and then he's done too.  So we'll get through it.

Okay, this makes more sense.  I guess I'm just a bit scattered today.  We had 13 calls over the weekend, so it made for a busy morning.  I'm just about caught up, just stalling on one last thing I do not want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment