Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grade B Movie

So the house thing is moving along.  The FHA appraisal is scheduled for Monday, which gives Mitch and some guy he hired at work to help him plenty of time to scrape and touch up the trouble spots on the outside of the house.  And since I don't have to help him, because he won't PAY me, I can stay out of his way and maybe catch up on the laundry.  Or last season's 24.  I'll catch up on something, that's for sure.

Our house hunting trip has been rescheduled - and rescheduled right through the premier of Eclipse.  The girls are going to be mad.  Especially since the tickets are reserved on my credit card.  We're in the middle of trying to figure out how to fix that mess.  I think everyone's going to be really mad if they can't go because the tickets can't be picked up.  Plus, I think I'm going to have to go see Eclipse at least 4 different times to make it up to all of them.  Which would somehow imply that I'm not going to see it at least 4 times anyway, but now I can say to Mitch "Hey, I cancelled going to the premier so now I have to go with (Jen, Maryann, Jenni, Becky)"  and he can't say anything about it.  Ha!

Against my better judgment, we are letting Jacob play All-Star baseball this year.  We were approached by 5 different people in the league about him playing, so we basically said OK here's the deal - he leaves for vacation June 26, returns July 5.  If that's a problem, tough.  No, we can't reschedule.  I didn't want him playing for one of the coaches in the Little Major league.  It wasn't a deal-breaker necessarily, but I figured since they were so anxious to get him, I might as well go for broke and see what happens.  I believe he is playing for his coach and the All-Star coach from last year, so that's great.  We'll see how this goes.  There is a parent meeting tonight.

Side-note:  Was there really a Pokemon movie? Was there really more than one?  As I was looking for a title to this post, I came across a listing for "Pokemon: The First Movie".  I'm horrified to find this out, yet happy that I haven't had to see such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment