Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arrival

Mitch and Sara have arrived in Utah.  As of about three minutes ago, they were at Wal-Mart stocking up on perishables and hoping that the air conditioning will be working in the house when they get back.  It wasn't working when they arrived earlier.  And this, my friends, is why I sent Mitch first.  Because I would have NO IDEA what to do if I got to the house and the AC wouldn't work.  Literally no idea.  Past calling Mitch, that is.  Judge me if you will, but I am the very first to admit that I am one of those women who can't do certain things because I've always counted on Mitch to do them.  Why get married if I'm still going to have to know how to fix the AC?

Jacob's team won tonight, decisively against Parchment 12-2.  Jacob played shortstop, pitched half an inning and caught the rest.  He also hit a triple.  Much better game than last night, where the pitcher fell apart on the mound and the coach (the pitcher's father) did nothing about it.  It was horrifying.  They play again tomorrow night, I think.  It was a giant cluster*#$% when I left regarding when we played next.  I finally just said, "I'll have Jacob at West Portage fields at 5 PM tomorrow.  If anyone else shows up, he'll play ball.  Otherwise, I'll see everyone there Friday night."  Why is this stuff always so hard?  Why make a bracket and schedule all the games ahead of time if it's going to be changed?  Honestly, I don't know what the deal is.  If I had been in charge, it would be fine.  Just saying.

On a totally unrelated note, the light switch for the bathroom here is on the hall outside the bathroom.  Do you have any idea what kind of restraint it takes for me to NOT switch that light off every time I walk by and there's someone in there?  I should get some sort of reward for that.  Not yet though.  I still have a few days left here.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment