Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back Where I Started

The movers come tomorrow morning to start packing.  I have to go to work, but Mitch will be here with them.  We've packed what we need to keep with us for the next 2 weeks and hopefully we didn't forget anything important.  I'm sure I've forgotten something.  It's the not knowing that will drive me crazy until I figure out what it is.  We'll be living with Mitch's mom until it's time to head out.  Mitch and Sara and the dog will head out first and be there to meet the furniture.  Jacob and I will go after he's done playing baseball.  I'm hoping they go pretty far in this tournament so Mitch and Sara have everything done by the time Jake and I get there.  I can hope anyway.

It's funny that when we moved here 11 years ago, we lived with Mitch's sister for 3 months and then with his mom for 2 months.  I was pregnant with Jacob and our house wasn't selling in Virginia.  And here were are all these years later, moving back in with her, only this time with 2 kids and a dog and getting ready to leave town.  I guess it's a full-circle type of thing.

Mitch's brother and his family were here this weekend so the kids and I spent most of our time over at Mitch's mom's.  The kids all get along pretty well, and it's fun now to just let them go entertain each other.  Give the boys a football or baseball and turn them loose in the yard and that's pretty much the last you'll see of them.  The girls were all entertained playing with the baby and keeping her entertained.  The girls all slept here last night and they were all out within 5 minutes of me turning off the light.  Guess they were all pretty worn out.

I continue training tomorrow, but I think I'm going to take a more hands-on approach.  I'm thinking that most of the problems we've had thus far is because I was too detached.  So now I'm going to hover.  Time is running out here my friends.

A bit of bad news about my new town:  it doesn't have a library.  It might as well not have running water at this point for all I care.  (And if I don't fill out that water form, we won't have that either!)  So I checked the surrounding towns, including the largest and a non-resident card is $100 a year.  $100 A YEAR.  The closer towns, which are significantly smaller, are $80 and $70 a year.  And I know buying books would run me at least 3 times that a year, but still.  I've been spoiled here with the great library we have. 

Once the computers at home are dismantled, and I leave my job on Friday, I don't know when I'll be able to updated this blog again.  It might be hard to do at Mitch's mom's house with everyone around, but I'll try my best.  I know I'll be on Facebook, because otherwise I might suffer some sort of withdrawal symptoms, but this might be trickier.  I'll do my best and be back as soon as I get to Utah and get my Internet hooked up.

If they have Internet there. 

If they don't have libraries everywhere, I'm starting to doubt everything I knew about modern life.

1 comment:

  1. here's a solution to the library problem.....stay here!!!! :) please

    ReplyDelete