Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sense the Adventure

Closing is complete and went off without a hitch, in spite of Mitch's fear that it would all fall apart at the last minute.  So we are no longer homeowners.  And not a moment too soon, I say.

The couple buying our house is young, newly engaged, and full of hope for the future.  God love 'em.  They are full-time students and work full-time.  No kids, and probably not even a fish between them.  And they are oh so excited.  It certainly takes me back to those days.  I was pregnant with Jacob when we bought the house and he was six weeks old when we closed.  Of course, even then we were probably a good 7-8 years old than this couple, but I remember the excitement.  New house, trying to figure out where you're going to put all your stuff (or how you're going to spread out your stuff so it looks like you have more stuff and the house doesn't look so empty). 

We are officially the renters of the house in Utah, as of today.  Hopefully everything is turned on and as it should be, so when Mitch and Sara get there next everything is working.  That's the good part of sending those two out ahead of time - anything not working, Mitch can straighten out before I arrive.  And hopefully, the Internet, cable and phone will be up when I get there so I can get right back on Facebook and here and not miss too much! 

I got a letter of reference from my job here today.  Good to have, but makes me feel like I should think about getting a job.  No thanks.  Contrary to what Mitch says.  I want to make sure the kids are settled and everything before I do that.  Right now, it needs to be about making everything calmer for them.  Between the move, the cat and the dog, I want to do everything I can to make things simpler for them.  Before Jacob has a complete psychotic break and we end up on the news.

Tomorrow is my last day at work.  I hope I've done enough to prepare my replacement.  There is so much stuff that she'll just have to learn as she goes.  There's no way to prepare her for every possible scenario.  It will be weird to not have to get up on Monday, except to see Mitch and Sara off. 

And then the adventures really begin.  Can you hardly wait?

1 comment:

  1. oh now I'm really sad, I guess I had to come to terms with it eventually. But there is still time you can always change your mind.......and just think if you wait until Monday you will have one less child and husband, just a thought

    ReplyDelete