Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thirteen on Tuesday

Jacob's team lost tonight, 5-1, against West Portage.  It was a hard fought game and the boys did well, despite losing.  It was good to see that even though they lost, they didn't beat themselves.  They were down, but not on themselves.  I think they knew that they had done well during this tournament and were able to walk off the field with their heads held high.  And of course, the fact that they are 9 and 10 years old and dog-piled on each other after the team photo probably contributed to the ability to shake it off.  Most of the boys sounded like they were off to football camps and combines.  The parents were all just happy to be done with the stress.  We take it harder than the boys most of the time.

Now that baseball is done, Jacob and I take off for Utah tomorrow.  First stop at my mom's, then to Dyersville, Iowa for the Field of Dreams site.  Then to Trina's and Mt. Rushmore.  And hopefully then to our new home.  How long will it take us?  I'm saying 4 days.  I hope to be able to post along the way, but it's not highly likely.  Perhaps I'll be able to get on Facebook at least. 

My goodbye party was great fun, thanks to Maryann and Greg.  Extra special thanks to them for throwing it for me.  Enough people showed up that it didn't aggravate my fear of no one showing up but not too many that it provoked my fear of crowds.  Lord, reading that, why would anyone throw a party for someone with my issues?! 

I don't have a "Ten on Tuesday" today.  Oh wait, maybe I do.  But actually, it's going to be "Thirteen on Tuesday".

The Thirteen Best Baseball Players in District 2 and possibly the world: (in no particular order) ((no last names so I don't freak their parents out if they Google their kids))

  1. Jacob
  2. Keaton
  3. Tony
  4. Noel
  5. Adam
  6. Nate
  7. Reed
  8. John
  9. Ben
  10. Eric
  11. Travis
  12. Brendan
  13. Dominic
These boys were awesome!  And they are each one of them nice, likeable, polite boys.  It's not often you find that on a team.  Go Team Milwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment