Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

We picked up the kids on Saturday from their vacation with my mom and stepfather.  They were pretty worn out.  We didn't get home until 2 AM, since we stopped at Dana's for a visit before leaving town, and Mitch had to drag me out of there.  Hey, I practically lived at her house in high school and shortly after - what are the odds we're going to have a quick half-hour visit?  Yeah.

We went to the Kings game for the 4th and watched the baseball game and fireworks after.  They got smart this year and didn't start the game until 7, so there was only supposed to be 30 minutes between the end of the game and the start of the fireworks.  I'm sure it was actually longer than that, but the kids ran the bases and the players were out on the field for autographs so it didn't seem so bad.  In the past, the game has started at 5, so there was always a long wait between the two.  The fireworks were great.  Say what you will about our nothing Frontier League baseball team, those folks know their firework shows.  And you gotta love a league where there's such a thing as "Thirsty Thursday" - $1 hot dogs, sodas, and beers.  By the 4th inning, the baseball hardly matters.

I went with Maryann and her family to see Eclipse today.  I don't think it was as good as New Moon, but I'll have to see it again to be sure.  Shut up.

No work for me today and I start training my replacement tomorrow.  Training will seriously cut into my Internet and Facebook time.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment