Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grace

This stay-at-home mom stuff is for the birds.  Though I suspect that once the kids go back to school next week, I'll like it better.  Then it will just be me and the puppy.

Oh yeah, we got a puppy.  She's cute and little and has that puppy smell.  And she looks like this:


So how can you not love her?  I was against the whole "getting a puppy" thing for several reasons, all of which were shot down by the three other people in this house looking at puppy ads on the internet.  So here she is - Gracie.  Mitch wanted to name her Gina.  I don't think so.  This is the same guy who wanted to name our son Walter.  His runner-up name to Walter was Thaddeus.  OMG no.  He's not allowed to name anything in this family.  Ever.

Sara has made friends with the girl who lives behind us, Aspyn.  She's a year younger than Sara, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.  Aspyn already wants Sara to sleep over, but Sara's doesn't want to yet.  I think she's still getting used to sleeping here in this house so she's not ready to sleep at someone elese's house.  Fair enough.  I'm still getting used to sleeping here too.

The Comcast guy is coming tomorrow to replace the cable box for the 2nd TV.  It shuts itself off, which gets a little annoying.  They wanted to send someone between 8-10AM tomorrow and I just laughed.  We compromised on between 10-12.  I don't need that TV enough to get up at 7AM to wait for the cable guy.  Thanks anyway.  Then the rental place guy is coming between 1-5 because our dishwasher was on the recall list for starting electrical fires.  I don't know what they're going to do because - hahahaahaha - it's not really my problem!  That's why it's a rental!  So you can call someone else when things go wrong.  Or burn the house down.  Mind you, knowledge of possible electrical fires has not stopped me from using the dishwasher.  The off chance of an electrical fire is not enough to get me to wash dishes by hand. 

I was going to make banana muffins for breakfast this morning, but a) I didn't get up until 9AM and b) I can't find my muffin pan.  It's in a box in the basement somewhere, but I certainly can't find it.  It's probably in one of those 37 boxes marked "Misc - Basement" that seem to hold anything from canned tomatoes to DVDs.  So I made smoothies and gave them pop-tarts.  Pretty close.  Hamburger Helper for dinner tonight since I have to take Gracie to the vet at 3PM and I cooked a decent meal last night.  I'll have to come up with something tomorrow, but since I'll have all these workmen in my house, it may be an eat out night.  There's a place that Mitch thinks I'll like, and he says it's pretty close to Qdoba, but we'll see. 

I know I have to do a "Ten on Tuesday" list still.  Working on it, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment