Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dear Comcast

Dear Comcast,

Hi!  It's me.  Again.  I know, right?  We're developing quite the relationship, wouldn't you say? 

So, let's recap, shall we?  We've had your service since the end of July.  Cable, phone and Internet bundle package.  $180 a month.  So far on our two TVs, we've had 5 different cable boxes.  Then you were here yesterday because my DVR wasn't recording well.  According to my phone call today, where I spoke with a supervisor, we've had 4 service calls.

Since July.  All for cable.

The Internet is fine.  The phone is fine.  It's the TV you can't get right.

This morning, when I got up, the guide was on the screen and wouldn't go away.  So I had to unplug the box and plug it back in.  And then this afternoon, while watching Law & Order, I went to check the guide and the remote wouldn't work.   It works to turn the TV off.  It works to run the sound system.  It just doesn't work with the cable box.  I called Customer Service and the very nice girl there ran me through a half dozen diagnostic tests to come to the conclusion that:

The remote and the cable box are not communicating.  But I can bring the remote back to the service center and get a new one.

Well, that's convenient.  Or not.  Mostly not.

So I spoke with a supervisor who confirmed that yes, we've had a high number of service related issues.  No, that's not right.  Yes, she can understand my frustration.  So you will send a technician out tomorrow to try to resolve my issues.

Again.

Somehow I'm not optimistic.  But let's consider this a final chance to not have me lose my mind and cancel your less than stellar service.

We'll see. 

Sincerely,

Me

P.S. - I fixed the remote.  By unplugging the cable box yet again.  But I don't consider that a long-term solution.  I'm not a fan of crawling behind my TV.  It's dusty back there you know.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad it's fixed. We're here to help if you need further assistance.
    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete