Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 Interesting Facts

The challenge is to write 30 interesting facts about yourself.  Well, I'll give you 30 facts, YOU can decide if they are interesting or not.  (But don't tell me if you decide on not.)

  1. My favorite color is purple (duh).
  2. I have two brothers and two (half)-sisters.  Now, those people are interesting.
  3. I love watching most sports on TV, but especially tennis and football.  And baseball.  And pool.  And gymnastics.  And basketball.  And the Olympics.  But not golf.  And never soccer.
  4. I have an irrational fear of horses.
  5. My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper.
  6. I'm a night-owl.
  7. I check Amazon.com's deal of the day every single day.  Seriously.  You never know what awesome thing you didn't know you needed is on sale.
  8. I have now erased 3 different "interesting facts" that I'm afraid make me look paranoid or completely mental.
  9. Make that 4.
  10. The thing that turns me off someone the most is intolerance.
  11. Since moving to Utah, I've developed this thing where I only park in a space that I can pull through.  I don't know why I developed this, but now I don't even think about it.
  12. I love strawberry milkshakes.  Unless there's banana.  And not from McDonald's, because they taste like coffee.  Which leads me to...
  13. I don't like coffee or tea.
  14. I could spend all day in Office Max, looking at notebooks and pens and cute paper clips and folders and calendars, and oh my goodness... 
  15. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
  16. I am left-handed.  But I don't feel crippled by it.
  17. I played the clarinet in high school.  I wasn't very good.
  18. I played volleyball in high school.  I wasn't very good at that either, but I could serve and being a left-handed server was a big thing for some reason.  So I played a few varsity games.
  19. Since we're talking about high school, for sophomore English class we had to write a paper about Romeo and Juliet.  I put it off till the last minute (of course) and turned in my paper with my introduction paragraph and then wrote something along the lines of "I couldn't finish this paper because I had a really hard time understanding this play".  I got a D.  Why I didn't get an F is beyond me.
  20. Those are all the high-school confessions you're getting out of me here.
  21. I've never skied and have no desire to do so.  I really have no business living in Utah.
  22. I have a Twitter account, but haven't tweeted since January 2.  It's too much pressure and I don't really see the point.
  23. I've lived in this time zone for almost 6 months, and STILL can't remember that the news comes on at 10 PM.
  24. I've never had a pedicure.
  25. I don't like ham.  Unless it's in an omelet.  Which is funny because I really don't care for eggs except in omelet form either. 
  26. I once had a co-worker tell me "Wow, you're a really good speller!"  Which is definitely a few steps down from being called pretty or funny.  I don't think it's even as good as being told you have a nice personality.
  27. I like to cross-stitch, but I don't do it often enough.  I made stockings for my kids and for my brother's kids.  I already have the pattern for their new baby, who is due in March.
  28. There are 19 blogs that I read nearly every day.  I only know 7 of these blog writers personally.  The rest I've been reading for so long that I feel like I know them.
  29. I hate buying socks.  When I need to buy new socks, I usually end up throwing out several packages before I find some I like.  The reasons I don't like them range from too tight to not soft enough to wrong height.
  30. I've been working on this list for almost two days.  I clearly like to make things more difficult than they need to be.

3 comments:

  1. Hold up. You never had a pedicure? Can I tempt you to get one when we are all in Yuma??
    ~Tory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think " you are a good speller" is an even better comment. In fact the more I am around people who can't spell (or talk correctly)the more I appreciate good spellers. I bet that is why you got the D, you just had really good spelling and grammar in what you turned in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to "pop in" and say "hi". :) I'm trying to get caught up on reading all my friends' blogs..with no internet at home, I feel SOOOO ou of touch! :) Hope you are having nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete