Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things on Thursday

-- Sorry for the absence of real posts here lately.  As you all know, life sometimes gets in the way of the stuff we really want to do.  Here's what's been going on:

-- Jacob is home today (again) with an ear infection.  He says it hurts again this morning.  Luckily yesterday, the ear ache didn't interfere with his ability to play Xbox.  Thank goodness.

-- We had conferences last night.  Everything is good, of course.  The school system here is different and my kids are about a year ahead, so it's been an easy transition.  Sara's teacher is giving her 5th grade math, which keeps her challenged, however, I do worry what she'll be doing in 5th grade.  She is going to test for an accelerated program for 5th grade, which would involve changing schools.  I'm hoping she gets accepted.

-- Jacob was accepted to the accelerated program for middle school.  His teacher told me last night there's another test he'll have to take in the spring to see what math class he'll be in. 

-- Mitch's beer making adventures are going fine, I guess.  I'm staying out of the whole thing actually.

-- My neighbors are moving out at what can only be described as an ALARMING RATE.  I'm trying not to take it personally, but if I see one more family doing the midnight move-out, I might need therapy.  On the upside, if anyone wants to move out here with me, I know a lot of rental houses that are available.

-- I listened to a man at Chuck-A-Rama (a buffet place) last night talking to his son.  They had quite the conversation about Muhammad Ali and boxing in general.  The problem was his son was about 5 years old and had no idea what his dad was talking about.  Now I bet, if he'd started a conversation about Spiderman and Transformers, that kid would have been all over that.

-- I've been working at the school since mid-November and I still don't know when I get paid.  It's once a month, I know that for sure.  I even asked one of the other playground ladies and she didn't know either.  So I just keep checking the bank account and one of these days, I'm going to be surprised by money.  Hopefully, it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment