Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday on My Mind

Sorry for the absence, folks.  I can't believe it's Friday already!  I thought this week would drag, especially after having 2 weeks off, but actually, it's seemed to just fly by. 

It was good to get everyone back to school, including me.  Sara stayed home on Wednesday with a bit of a cold and a sore throat, but she slept most of the morning and went back to school on Thursday.  It's been inside recess all week due to the snow on the playground being covered in an inch of ice, so while I feel sorry for the kids, I'm very happy to be warm while I walk around patrolling classrooms.  The kids are in their classrooms by themselves so I basically just roam the halls, poke my head in rooms and tell kids to stop running, stop throwing things, don't yell, get out of the coatroom.  It's to the point where Jake ran into the kitchen last night and I automatically said "Don't run please" in my school voice.  Scary.

Mitch started his weekend shift this week.  He will be working Thursday through Sunday, 10 hours a day.  Of course, he had to go in on Monday to do something and then Tuesday night they called and asked if he could come in on Wednesday, so it hasn't been real yet.  Or real great for him, since he'll only have one day off this week and next Monday and Tuesday he needs to go to the Guard and make up the weekend he's missing.  But it keeps him out of trouble, right? 

I signed the kids up for baseball and softball this morning.  I had to watch a 20 minutes video on "setting a good example" and take a quiz afterwards in order to get a secret number that I needed to register them.  I hope this is a good system.  Milwood Little League was so well run, I don't want to be disappointed.  They don't have a Little League here, and I did an Internet search on "youth baseball in Utah County" and the one I'd been looking at was the first hit.  They have a nice complex with about 7 or 8 fields, so I'm guessing it's a serious thing.  We'll see.

Sara and I are going to the University of Utah Gymnastics meet tonight.  We're very excited.  I'll probably leave way too early, as I often do, especially being Friday night.  But we'll find some place for dinner before and I'm not 100% sure where the building is so it should be good.  I'm sure I've driven past it on the way to the Children's Hospital there, since we drive right through the campus. 

Okay, I'm off to work now.  I'm hoping that the overcast look that has erased the mountains out my window is due to poor air quality as opposed to snow.  The kids have to stay in for poor air quality days, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment