Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 In Review

Copied from this blog  http://duwaxloolu.blogspot.com/ .   There are a lot of questions, but I'm going to give it a shot.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Moved to Utah, saw an MRI of my daughter's brain, quit a job after only 2 days

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My only New Year's resolution was to not run as many yellow lights and I think I did that.  I'm still working on this year's - stay tuned

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece just had her 2nd daughter last week.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.  Unfortunately, several close friends lost family members, so I am sorry about that.

5. What countries did you visit?
Isn't Utah another country?  No?  Then no.  You all should know I don't really like to leave this country.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Write more: blogging, fiction, whatever.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 1 - the day Jacob and I arrived in Utah
September 5 - the day we first took Sara to the ER. 

 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making that drive from Michigan to Utah with Jacob by myself.  Five days and a million miles, but we made it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Finding a real job here. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had some back trouble, but really, considering everyone else in this house, I'm in good shape.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
This laptop.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jacob really has adjusted to the move much better than expected, and he was amazing when Sara was first injured.  He's a good brother.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No comment on a personal level.
And on a celebrity level, Brett Favre.  Could he have gone out a bigger jackass?

14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Mt. Rushmore

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
1000 Miles per Hour - Ok Go

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?
Sadder
b) thinner or fatter?
The same, I think
c) richer or poorer?
Richer probably, but that's going to change shortly.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Listening

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Talking

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Here in Utah, with just the 4 of us.  It was unlike any other Christmas we've ever had as a family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes - with my kids' new school  :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Really?  Law & Order: SVU, same as always, with Fringe a close 2nd

 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't know about HATE, but my opinions of some people definitely changed for the worse.

24. What was the best book you read?
I cannot pick just one.  Seriously.  I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Sarah's Key by Tatiana DeRosnay, and the books of Cody McFadyen.

 
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ummm.....

26. What did you want and get?
A Kindle - sorry Maryann and Jen, I won't talk about it anymore.

27. What did you want and not get?
Fiesta Ware dishes

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eclipse.  And Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 this year and we went to dinner at McGrath's.  It wasn't great, but I didn't have to cook and it's seafood, so it was sufficient.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving all my friends out here to Utah with me.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfort and casual.  Same as always.

32. What kept you sane?
My blogging friends and my facebook friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Again, bringing up my celebrity crushes.  Christopher Meloni, obviously.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

35. Who did you miss?
Everyone.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Joshlin 

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Seeing even one picture of your kid's brain is one picture too many.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment