Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Car Talk

Sometimes, in the car, my kids have the strangest conversations.  This was tonight's:

Jacob: I'm going to have to find a job soon.

Sara: Jacob, you're ELEVEN.

Jacob: I know, but companies are laying off like crazy. It's bad now, how bad is it going to be in 5 years?

Sara: The economy is predicted to get better in 2011.

Jacob: The people who say that are like weather forecasters. They can PREDICT it, but that doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

Sara: Jacob, I had to learn all about Utah's economy. Do you have any idea how BORING that is?



Apparently, it's just boring enough for her to remember it and engage in a wise and insightful economic discussion with her brother.

Please note that I had nothing pertinent to add to this conversation.

I did not raise my kids this way, I promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment