Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lunatic Fringe

We finally have a diagnosis for Mitch:  idiopathic angioedema.  Basically, it means he swells up and they don't know why and there's nothing we can do except treat the symptoms.  So there's that.  He has a sackful of drugs and an refill for the Epi-pen and a follow-up appointment for December 21st.  You can look it up yourself and see some pictures that pretty much show what Mitch has been going through.  And it will tell you what I just did about what we can do for him.  So...nothing.

An interesting thing is that one of the websites said that angioedema mostly occurs in African-Americans, is more common in women and tends to show itself in early puberty.  Which is clearly Mitch.  Or not.  It's not like medicine is a SCIENCE or anything.  Geesh.

Post continued 7 hours later...

Sorry, a phone call from my brother interrupted my posting, which clearly wasn't really going anywhere anyway.  And then I had to go to work and then take Jacob for his 2nd Hepatitis A shot, which he needs for school here.  He very much liked leaving school over an hour early, not so much the shot. 

And I can tell this post still isn't going anywhere.

So...do you watch Fringe?  Because you should.  It's a very cool show, science fiction and futuristic and funny.  It's currently on Thursday nights on FOX, but at the end of January, it will move to Friday nights.  If you check it out, here are a few things you need to know:

- There are 2 universes, but the characters are the same in both.  Our universe is obviously the good one.  You can tell which universe they're showing by the character Walter:  if he's scattered and goofy, it's our universe.  If he's well-groomed and together, it's the other one.

- I don't know what the purpose of the cow in the lab is, other than a source of milk.

- Our Walter took large quantities of LSD years ago and suffered a break of some sort.  As a result, he offers many hysterical and off-beat zingers during each show.  The other Walter, or Walternate as he is called by us fans, is not nearly as amusing.

- Peter is a nice enough guy, but oh my goodness, if you don't know that the woman you are sleeping with is not the woman you've been in love with for the last 2 seasons, then I guess you aren't the man I thought you were.  At some point, he should have figured it out BEFORE a random cleaning lady called you.  Duh.

Go watch it.  Maryann and I can't be the only fans.

I will fully admit that this is the WORST. POST. EVER. 

3 comments:

  1. Way to promote the show props to you! I had a nonsense post early but just left it to set as a draft. Maybe I will post it anyhow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the BEST post ever because now I know someone else who watches Fringe!!! I love that show and prior to today knew absolutely no one who shared my obsession! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joshlin - oh thank goodness! I tried to find a way to describe Astrid, because she is awesome. This season has been my favorite, because in the other universe Charlie is still alive and I always liked him.

    ReplyDelete