Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas is Coming

So I feel that since I'm not working for the next two weeks, I should be posting every day.  But it's amazing how the days go by. 

Yeah, whatever.  Like I'm sitting here curing cancer or developing alternative fuel sources.

Today I went to the bank and then the doctor's office to get proof that Jacob had his 2nd Hepatitis A shot.  If I don't have that, he can't go back to school on January 3.  And he's definitely going back, believe me.

I wrapped gifts tonight and while there should still be some stuff coming tomorrow, we're pretty much done.  This is unusual for us, since we're usually wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve.  Everything that needed to be shipped has been.  Cards are mailed.  Tree is up.  I might make some fudge or cookies tomorrow, but maybe not.  We got the kids way too much stuff, as usual, but seeing as Jacob got stuff for Boy Scouts, and books and clothes, it's not really that bad.  We would have bought him that stuff anyway. 

Shut up, that's how I'm justifying it.  Oh, and 2 sets of their grandparents sent us money to get them their big gift. 

2 sets?  You might ask.  How many grandparents do your kids have?

Get out your scorecard, here goes.  My parents are divorced and both are remarried.  Mitch's parents are divorced and both are remarried.  So our kids have 4 sets of - count 'em, that's 8 individual - grandparents.

You know how when a kid's parents get divorced, there are people who say (in a lame attempt to show the kid the bright side of divorce) "Well, now you get TWO Christmases!"

I say "lame attempt", but yeah, that is cool.  But you know what's cooler?

When that kid grows up and marries another kid whose parents are also divorced so their kids have 4 sets of grandparents.  Think about that. 

Four. Sets. of. Grandparents. 

Who wouldn't want to be those kids? It's the 2nd generation broken home upside none of the experts ever predicted.  Christmas and birthday jackpots for those kids, my friends.  Jackpots.

I could get my kids celery and shoelaces for Christmas and they wouldn't even notice.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment