Thursday, December 2, 2010

Things on Thursday

- The mouse for my laptop isn't working right.  And I am just plain unable to work the touchpad.  It's brutal. 

- The job is going well.  I worked my first outdoor recess yesterday and it wasn't too bad.  I wasn't sure what was allowed and what wasn't, so I watched the other 3 "duty guards" and followed their lead.  I constantly surprised by the number of kids not wearing boots or even coats.  Oh, did I mention that one of those kids was my son?  Yeah, good to know that he wore his snow boots all last week when there was NO SNOW but now that there is snow, he can't be troubled.  And coats are optional apparently.  I could just strangle him sometimes.

- Mitch's face started to swell up Monday night so he carted himself off to the Emergency Room.  His appointment with the allergist isn't until next week, so he called them to try to get in earlier, but no luck.  They told him to keep taking all the medications he was given at the ER, so hopefully we can make it until then without another incident.  He thinks it's the solution they inject into pork chops and pork roasts at the store.  I don't know about that, but I'm not really arguing because I don't care for pork and if he turns out to be allergic, I don't have to eat it anymore.   It would be a double win for me:  no more puffy faced husband and no more pork chops.

- How is it possible that there is not one good picture of my kids together for my Christmas card?  There's actually not even one good picture of Sara by herself.  I guess I'll be taking pictures this weekend and hoping for the best.  I bought Christmas cards, even though I fully intended to MAKE my Christmas cards this year, but time is running short and I've hardly started.  Ugh.

- It's that time of year where the kids make Christmas lists and Mitch and I sit and laugh about what they think they're getting.  No Sara, given your recent head issues, there will not be a pogo stick or moon boots under the tree.  And Jacob, FTLOG, we're not buying you an XBox.  You have nine million computer video games, a DS, and a Wii.  Get over it.  I do love that Sara's list says "new camera or new batteries for the camera I have".  So I have the option of spending $100 or $6.  Decisions, decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment