Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday Madness on Tuesday

Whatever.  Don't judge me - it's the holidays.  And I work now at a place where I can't sit and play on the Internet all day.  But here you go.

Thanks Maryann.  As always, I and my loyal readers are grateful that you give me structure.  Otherwise, I tend to just babble. 

Like I'm doing now.  Geesh.

What's your motto?  Hmmm, I guess there'd be two really.  One given to me by a former boss "People are stupid and they lie".  Honestly, I've never heard a truer statement.  And one I've always used is "Get over it".  I mostly use it towards other people, but really, I sometimes say it to myself to remind me to let stuff go. 

 Do you like the name you were given? Is there a name that you think would suit you better?  My name is fine.  It must be, because years after I got it, my stepmother used it to.  And actually, I know some pretty awesome Nancys so I think it works.  Because I'm awesome.  In case you didn't make that connection.

 What's the one thing you always dread?  I dread lots of things: dusting, driving on the highway during rush hour, blah blah blah,, you all probably know all my phobias by now.  But I really dread parties and social situations.  Because I suck at small talk and usually I end up drinking too much and then I get that "next day drinking sickness".  Which I also dread.

Do you use anything to alter your consciousness, like alcohol or drugs? Why, or why not?  See above. 

 If you could have ANY animal as a pet, what would it be?  I think I'm good as far as pets go.  I think polar bears are really cute, but I can't imagine the size of the poop bag you'd need for one of those.

What's your favorite place in the whole world?  Specific or general?  Generally, I love libraries and bookstores.  Specifically, I really enjoy Qdoba.

 Everybody needs a pat on the back now and then. Thank yourself for something you're proud of having done recently, and then tell us about it.  I'm really proud of actually having made my Christmas cards this year.  Usually, I plan to and buy all the stuff and then procrastinate to the point that I buy cards and send them out all mad at myself.  But this year I really made them and sent them out.  (If you didn't get one, I probably don't have your address so send it to me and I'll send you one.  I have extras!)

 What do you want your life to be like in five years?  In five years?  I don't know.  Jacob will be driving - God help me - and Sara will be in high school - God help us all.  I want to be sane.  Maybe that's as much as I should hope for.

 Who's your best friend?  Dana is my best friend.  She knows too much!  But I've got the dirt on her too so I'm not too worried about that.  Jenni, Maryann, Jen and Trina are right up there.  And I'm fond of Mitch, mostly.  And I love all of you too, lest you feel offended.

If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be? Or would you change anything at all?  If I wanted to change anything, I guess I'd have it done.  :P  Okay, not really.  But what's the point of changing anything now?

What's one skill you wish you had?  I wish I could parallel park.  It would solve a lot of problems for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment