Saturday, October 16, 2010

And Justice for All

While I maintain my dislike for the store Justice, I do have to say Sara and I got some good stuff there this morning.  Three tank tops and two long sleeved shirts.  I have to respect a store that realizes it's so overpriced that they are almost always running a 40% off coupon.  (Wait - there's a sale at Kohl's! What a surprise!)  But Sara needed tanks for some shirts I bought her at Target earlier this week and when she was trying some on, I found some other shirts.  I refuse to buy jeans there however - I cannot in any way justify paying $42.50 for jeans for my 9-year-old.  Even with a 40% off coupon.

But this Justice wasn't so bad.  My main complaint about that store is that it's so crowded.  They cram about 9 million things into a building only big enough for 4 million and it makes me seriously claustrophobic.  But this one only had about 7 million things crammed in there.  So it was almost bearable.  But for the sparkly, glittery things.  Oh for the love of God, the sparkly, glittery things.  It's enough to induce a seizure. 

Hey, I could probably have saved a lot of drama with Sara's EEG and just taken her to Justice after some sleep deprivation.

It's times like this that I miss Jenni.  She always took the girls to the mall and to Justice so I never had to.  Oddly, she seemed to enjoy it.  I don't get it either, but it's good to have a friend that will do that kind of stuff with your daughter so you don't have to. 

The one time I took Sara and Abby to the mall - for whatever reason, I think it was something to do with Girl Scouts - and when we left we walked through the food court.  (That's where I always park when I go to a mall so I can find my car when I leave.  Shut up.  I have a terrible memory and am a creature of habit.  If I parked anywhere else, I'd never get to leave.)  The girls looked at me expectantly as we headed toward the exit. 
"Can we have a treat?"  one of them asked.

"No, we're leaving,"  Because we were coming from Girl Scouts and I was already at my wit's end and needed to get the heck out of there before I ended up on the news.

"But we were good!" 

"Good behavior is its own reward,"  I told them.

The looks on their faces was priceless.  To them, good behavior was not in any way its own reward.  They needed cookies or smoothies.

I think right then they decided to only ever go to the mall with Jenni.  Which, as I said, was fine with me.  No mall, no Justice, no food court.  I'm a library and Taco Bob's kind of girl.  Quiet, empty places with side orders of nacho cheese.

Sorry Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment