Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Maryann's Monday Madness

Either I missed this yesterday, or she really didn't post it until today, but here goes.  You might know the drill by now: I copy these from my friend Maryann and then answer them.  You can do the same, and then come back here and leave me a comment so I know you did it!

Where were you and what were you doing ten years ago?  Let's see, ten years ago, we were in Kalamazoo and I would have been a stay-at-home mom to Jacob, who would have been 17 months, and pregnant with Sara.  So I would have been TIRED.

What's the first play you ever saw live?  Besides elementary school plays, I believe that would have been Diary of Anne Frank.  Junior high. 

Everyone has a trick they depend on, a shortcut for something like fixing a flat, curing a headache, making a kid stop crying, or choosing a cantaloupe. What's yours?   My laundry shortcut is to give my kids two baskets in their rooms - one for whites, one for darks.  Then I can just grab a basket and throw it in the washer.  My trick for hiccups is to drink 10 swallows of water without taking a breath.  It cures them every time.  I think I learned this from my stepmother, who never failed to entertain us kids with her knowledge of such things.

What's one thing you can't start your day without?  Pepsi or Dr. Pepper.  Caffeinated soda of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment