Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Birthday!

It's Mitch's birthday and as much as I'd like to write a post about him, he would not at all appreciate it.  I think he does not feel the same level of comfort in disclosing all his life secrets over the Internet that I do.  He's funny that way.

So let's just suffice it to say that it's his birthday.  It's pretty much a normal day, work for him, school for the kids, Scouts for Jacob and the like.  So we'll be doing something nice for dinner over the weekend.  Because I am the queen of last minute, I went out and got him some gifts this morning.  It's somewhat comforting to know that even after 16 years of marriage, and 19 years together, I still have no idea what to get him.  Asking him is pointless, because it would either involve a trip to Cabela's to get something I have no idea about, or he says he doesn't want anything.  Which is how, one of the first years we were married, he got a flashlight and a handheld video poker game for his birthday.

For the record, we still have the poker game.  So I guess it wasn't a bad purchase after all.

***************************************************

Yesterday's post generated some response, which is good.  It's good to know someone is reading this.  Another point I wanted to make, but didn't think of til later is this:  Once you have that really good dog, that is the dog all future dogs will be measured against.  That's it.

***************************************************

I am volunteering in Sara's class this afternoon, helping kids with reading.  Which generated humor from Mitch and horror from Sara.  And then this charming conversation:

Mitch:  "Come on Sara, reading is what your Mom does all day,"

Sara:  "No, she also yells at the dog and Facebooks,"

This is what they think I do all day.  While apparently, the laundry, cleaning, cooking and driving fairies come around and pick up the slack so I devote all my time to reading, Facebooking and yelling at the dog.

They'll both be singing a different tune when they're out of clean underwear at the end of the week.  Maybe they can write a book about it.  I have time to read it apparently.

1 comment:

  1. I'm delighted to see you're reading "The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc" when you're not Facebooking and yelling at the dog. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete