Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To The Teeth

Sara has a dentist appointment today to get a cap on one of her teeth.  When she went in last week for a cleaning, she was complaining that one of her teeth hurt.  They came back and said she had 9 cavities.  (The one she was complaining about was down to the root.  That's the one that needs the cap.)  She was crushed, not that she's scared to get the fillings, but since she wants to be a dentist when she grows up.  And she's so competitive, I think she views a cleaning as a test and 9 cavities is a bad grade indeed.

But here's the thing - she had a cleaning not even a year ago.  She's a little behind due to the move, but it hasn't been more than 9 months since her last one.  And that dentist supposedly "sealed" her teeth, to prevent cavities.  So how does she go from no issues less than a year ago to 9 cavities?  I have to believe one of these dentists is doing us wrong here.  Either the first dentist didn't catch things or this one is trying to soak us.

I sure wish we had a dentist in the family that could clue us in here.  Oh wait...

Darn far away family.

She does have the pain in the one so we'll get that taken care of today.  Then I think I'll make an appointment for Jacob and see what they say about him.  Because if his cleaning comes back the same way, I think we're going to have to get another opinion. 

And there isn't a shortage of dentists around here, believe me.

Once we get that squared away, we need to get Sara to an orthodontist.  That child's head is costing me a fortune these days, I tell you.

Side note: I'm still getting used to typing on this laptop, so please forgive any typographical errors here.  I'll get the hang of it eventually I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment