Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rocket

I spent this morning standing on a hill behind my kids' school in 45 degree weather and a wicked wind, watching a rocket launch.  It was very neat, even though the wind complicated things a bit.  The kids had to use the smallest motor available, even though most had ordered bigger motors, and still at least half the rockets ended up on the roof.

Except for the one that went straight up, and plummeted back into the bystanders and landed nose first into the ground a foot and a half from a lady and her little kid who were looking in the opposite direction.  Pay attention folks!  Rockets launching!

I went to Sara's class yesterday to help with the reading program.  I worked with 2 boys and granted, I am not a teacher, but they didn't seem to need that much help to me.  I'll go every other Wednesday afternoon.  The room mom that helped me get started was really nice.  And now I'm bringing juice bags for the Halloween party tomorrow.  Must. Stop. Volunteering.

Some questions I currently have:

- When did they start putting pockets on Snuggies?

- Why would "SVU" be a rerun on the same week "Fringe" is not on due to the World Series?

- When did "That 70s Show" change Lauries?  I liked the first Laurie better.

- Why do I watch so much TV?  It's not on the list of things Mitch and Sara say I do all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment