Friday, October 22, 2010

Fun Fact Friday

I had another post written out, but it went nowhere.  So here you go, Fun Fact Friday.  Believe me, you're grateful.

The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye!

It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis!  (Nancy's note: I don't know if it's illegal to throw up in said bucket after you drink all the beer.)

It's against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas!

In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits.  (Nancy's note: It might be illegal, but it's certainly understandable.)

The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!  (As I always suspected, I am well above average!)

You'll eat about 35,000 cookies in a lifetime! Wow!  (Again, I am above average here.)

A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day!  (Probably because of all that soda they drink.)

Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!  (Because they often say "May God strike me down if I'm lying...)
Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States!  (This isn't that odd, except for when I first read it, I thought it said a HORSE catches on fire, which did seem odd.)
Happy Friday folks!  Have a good weekend!

1 comment: